Hi ! 👋
Hope your outlook for the summer is good! This will be our summer vacation letter until we are back in August ☀️
Theme of this newsletter: Education
We thought that we should share all the resources we have to learn more about SSI(self sovreign identity), also called decentralized identity. Since all of us probably have some spare time over the summer we find it fitting to share some educational resources!
- Mattr, earlier guest, has a great portal for learning how SSI works, and also if you sign up for their free sandbox mode, you can follow their great tutorials
- There is a company called SpruceID that is a bit earlier in the pipeline, but have a great documentation portal for their Rust software kit
- Veramo, earlier uPort, is making a great agent framework in Typescript, with some good documentations on how to use
- Microsoft, also and earlier guest, have great resources to why they believe in decentralized identity, also some great portals for playing around with their current cloud solution
- DIF, our partner organization has also a nice educational portal up and running
This list is long, but that is because there are so many great initiatives on SSI. We hope you share and enjoy these resources over the summer 🌞🎉
Other global news on digital identity and self sovereign identity
- EU release an EIDAS revision that looks alot like SSI, read more about directly from EU, and see our latest event that discusses this subject among other things
- The crackdown on big tech is slowly but gradually happening. Laws are being set in motion, and movments such as MyData and the SSI world about owning your own data is happening
We join forces with Norstella again! 7th of September
We will talk about what is closest to us, EU, and the latest EU Digital Wallet. What will it mean for us as Norwegian citizens? And how is it related to SSI?
Norstella & DIN talks about the future of digital identity
Corono vaccination pass, EIDAS revision and SSI. What does this have to do with yellow vacination passport?
Mattr.global visited June 16th
They have recently launched their Mattr platform and also done great work with BBS+ signatures. See the discussion
Share this newsletter with someone you think will enjoy the future of identity!
And contact us or follow us on our channels! 👇